Software Developer - ContractGoodBlock
Overview: Software Developer
Remote – Ongoing Contract 40+ hrs/wk
GoodBlock is looking for a remote Developer to join our global team! You will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of applications in our portfolio and other Blockchain-related solutions along several product lines. You will assist the team in refining cutting-edge blockchain and cryptocurrency tools and products.
We believe in the world-changing power of blockchain and cryptocurrency and seek to usher in broader acceptance by making useful tools and products. We will not only create better ways to do things, but entirely new things that were never before possible. We are a team of fast-paced makers constantly iterating and testing new ideas. Our backgrounds cover diverse creative fields; we’re not your typical blockchain company.
About the Job
For this role we are considering both part-time and contract arrangements to collaborate and work with a friendly, accepting team of people who like to roll up their sleeves and make things. Access to deep knowledge of all facets of cryptocurrency.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively seek to build a diverse workplace.
GoodBlock is an app developer working on the foundations of Web3.0. Learn more at goodblock.io.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in development meetings and advise team in areas of expertise.
- Provide sound technical leadership in the area of software development.
- Work with development team in building prototypes, MVPs, and production DApps in a rapid iteration environment
- Act as subject matter expert and keep the team up-to-date on standards and practices, the latest capabilities, etc.
- Provide analysis and relevant recommendations based on knowledge/expertise in blockchain and software development.
Qualifications & Requirements
In addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ideal candidate will also have:
- A BS or MS in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong software engineering background; will be participating in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with blockchain protocols, sidechains, and scaling technologies
- Node.js 3+ years of experience
- IPFS, 1+ year preferred
- Fastify with swagger and JWT
- Websocket communication
- Geolocation db
- Distribution algorithm
Great but not required:
- Hands-on experience writing and deploying smart contracts, preferably with EOSIO and/or Solidity
- C++ 1-2 years experience developing Blockchain applications, preferably with EOSIO
Please send your cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org