Telos is leading the blockchain world in offering dispute resolution through smart contract-controlled arbitration performed by community-elected arbitrators. The Telos Arbitration Portal has been live for several months, arbitrators have been elected, and some cases have been filed. However, the actual execution of any arbitration has been stymied by lack of general understanding and education by users and arbitrators about the process and by minor technical issues. These sticking points should be fairly easily resolved once someone takes ownership of this process. However, until someone takes some ownership over this process, no progress is occurring.
We seek a proposal for a person or team of people paid by the Telos blockchain through WPS to become subject matter experts on Telos arbitration, its processes, rules, and tools. The Telos Arbitration Ombudsman would have no authority within the system (and should probably not be arbitrators, themselves, though it’s not strictly forbidden), nor would they receive any specific evidence regarding specific cases, but would be paid to perform duties around information, education, and interacting between various stakeholders.
A Telos Arbitration Ombudsmen would:
· Interface with the community regarding Telos arbitration
· Create and/or refine documentation
· Assemble documentation, articles, and refer users to relevant information
· Work with Telos Core Developers to report and resolve technical problems with the arbitration portal or contracts
· Offer “customer service” to users experiencing problems with the arbitration process, outside actual arbitration duties.
· Maintain publicly available lists of needed service providers (translators, expert witnesses, attorneys) who work with Telos arbitration as they emerge.
· Improve general educational information, news items, etc for elected arbitrators and candidates.
About the author: Douglas Horn is the Telos architect and whitepaper author, and the founder of GoodBlock, a block producer and app developer for the Telos Blockchain Network.
More about GoodBlock can be found at: www.goodblock.io
Join us on Twitter @GoodBlockio
Vote for GoodBlock on the Telos Blockchain Network @goodblocktls